Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog #5
  1. I have found the editing process so far to be the most successful and helpful for me because before, my other teachers would not give us the structure we needed in order to be a good editor of our peers papers.
  2. I think that the writing tip that told us not to use "repeating adverbs" because I had never really noticed it before, but it was totally right! Some adverbs really are very repetitive and I know I have used these "repetitive adverbs" many times before, myself.
  3. It was most challenging for me to apply the writing tips correctly to my own writing once they were taught to us.
  4. Probably the most challenging writing tip for me is applying the loop structure to my writing because I was not really sure how it worked for a while at first, but then I think I got the hang of it with some help from my peers as well, but I am still a little iffy on it.
  5. "This job, however, was not, and has not been smooth sailing for Grace Coddington. Her boss/coworker is Anna Wintour who has been nicknamed as, "Nuclear Wintour" and it has been said was the inspiration behind the film, The Devil Wears Prada for her reportedly aloof and demanding personality. Luckily, Anna has been a friend of Grace's for a while, but is still someone who is difficult to work with. This situation requires Grace to demonstrate leadership skills and apply them when working with her stubborn boss in order to be able to get any kind of progress accomplished in the work space while still incorporating her own creative views and opinions. I have always been intrigued by fashion my whole life, but I especially enjoy the fashion ads in magazines. Whenever I would get a fashion magazine in the mail, I would spend the majority of my time looking at the first section of the magazines, slowly going over and flagging my favorite ads. It was a different fairytale on each page for me to inspect. I would even try my hand at making my own ads by cutting out a dress and pasting it on a white piece of paper and drawing the rest of the shoot. I have had many "speed bumps" (as I like to call them) in my life, where I have had to pick myself up, and continue on even stronger with my life like Grace. Finally, I have always been a leader my whole life and enjoy taking on leadership roles. Additionally, although I am not completely certain of my career path, as of right now, Grace Coddington's career position is my dream job and I hope to one day follow in the footsteps of all the well-known fashion icons from Twiggy to Grace to hopefully me one day."
  • How can I condense this section as much as possible?
  • How can I get rid of anything that is unnecessary?
  • Did I miss any adverbs that are still repetitive?

No comments:

Post a Comment